- Radon may not cause lung cancer.
- The radon in a home is relatively constant.
- A 2-day test gives you a adequate measure of the radon in your home.
- Radon in water is a serious problem
- Radon only affects people who smoke.
- Radon is only a problem for houses built on or near bedrock.
- Radon is not a problem for homes in heavy,wet clay soils.
- Radon is not much of a risk compared to other environmental pollutants or
dangers at home.
- You can't do much to protect yourself from radon
- . Most houses near me don't have any radon, so mine won't either.
- . Dr. B.L. Cohen's county average radon data can be used to show that
radon doesn't cause lung cancer in homes.
Back to the MRP
Last revised :
30 June, 2004
The views and opinions expressed on the web sites hosted on this server are strictly those
of the author.
The contents of the web sites on this server have not been reviewed or
approved by the College of St. Benedict|St. John's University.