VF-1S Super Battroid



Stated scale:


Actual scale:


IMG_5492.JPG (414907 bytes) IMG_5493.JPG (394671 bytes) IMG_5494.JPG (383666 bytes)

IMG_5495.JPG (369942 bytes) IMG_5496.JPG (382424 bytes) IMG_5497.JPG (398168 bytes)

 IMG_5499.JPG (393065 bytes) IMG_5501.JPG (376301 bytes)

Overall length:



Number of parts:

Stand included?


Decals included?


My Source:

local shop

Cost (w/o s&h):

US$ 5.00

Much like my other Macross kits, I bought this back in the 80s when Macross was new & way cool. It's been in a box, waiting for the day...

It must have had something to do with watching the Macross DVDs. I just had to dig deep into the unbuilts. Worked on the sub-assemblies, did some puttying, sanding, filing.

IMG_5359.jpg (723762 bytes)

5/26/2010 - Hmm.. anything with paintable sub-assemblies...? *rummage*rummage*... oooh! So, after a brief round of some seam touch up and a dab or two of putty I can load up the airbrush with some mighty white paint.

IMG_5362.jpg (899329 bytes)

...but first, some Euro I gray on the exhaust-feet, knees, intakes, & insides of thruster halves; gunmetal on the gun; burnt sienna on the thruster bells.

7/7/2010 - It's finished. I guess I'll need to gather up all the pix shot in the last couple months.

I made a teal-gray mix for the "Super" add-on pieces. Details are insignia yellow, flat black, and Euro I gray.

IMG_5382.JPG (637691 bytes) IMG_5383.JPG (540812 bytes) IMG_5387.JPG (596549 bytes)

IMG_5401.JPG (452464 bytes) IMG_5412.JPG (589925 bytes)

Once all the paint was done I gloss-coated the parts prior to decaling. The 20+ year old decals needed a coat of decal film to keep them from self-destructing. I used Micro-Sol to settle them to the irregular surfaces.

IMG_5457.JPG (567427 bytes) IMG_5458.JPG (443616 bytes)

After a flat coat to seal the decals I finished up with some light chalk weathering and shading