|Plant Physiology (Biology 327) - Dr. Stephen G. Saupe; College of St. Benedict/ St. John's University; Biology Department; Collegeville, MN 56321; (320) 363 - 2782; (320) 363 - 3202, fax; firstname.lastname@example.org|
Exam Questions: Metabolism
- Describe the structure of the chloroplast. Identify the biochemical components of the parts and their general function.
- Describe the events that occur during non-cyclic electron flow. Include in your response: photosystems, reaction center, thylakoid complexes/structures and the water-oxidizing clock.
- Explain the mechanism by which ATP is synthesized in the chloroplast.
- Outline and describe the major steps of the Calvin Cycle. Describe the significance of this process.
- Explain why photorespiration occurs and how photorespiratory products are metabolized.
- Explain and describe the reactions and significance of the C4 pathway of photosynthesis.
- Describe and explain the reactions and significance of Crassulacean acid metabolism.
01/07/2009 � Copyright by SG