Romulan Scout Ship
|Actual scale:||est. ~1/530||
|Overall length:||16.7 cm|
|Number of parts:||5|
|My Source:||Federation Models|
|Cost (w/o s&h):||$40|
The trickiest part about this kit was making sure the wings were co-planar and perpendicular to the central hull, and then that the nacelles were perpendicular to the wings. The engraved panels are fairly coarse and irregular, so I spent some time cleaning them up. The studio model had no markings, so the lack of decals is no big deal.
I made some registration pins to hold the parts together more securely. Between use of small levels, L-squares and bits of clay, I aligned the parts and assembled them using 5-minute epoxy. After the epoxy had set, I puttied the seams with Squadron green.
The "blood-green" paint for this ship, as determined by computer-matching, is equal parts Testors Beret Green, Model Master French Blue, and Model Master Neutral Grey. The viewports are black; the nacelle grids are transparent acrylic green over gunmetal metallizer. I added panel shading and other highlights using black, green, and yellow pastel chalks.